Friday 25th June, 6.30pm - Social Gathering at The Angel pub, Bermondsey
We’ll meet to chat and have a drink at The Angel pub, where we met regularly until Covid chased us onto Zoom. There is plenty of outdoor space at The Angel, so we won’t need to mix inside. You can find the pub at 101 Bermondsey Wall E, London SE16 4NB.
Friday 23rd July, 6:30pm - Stanley Njoka on hospital chaplaincy during Covid
We’re really pleased that Stanley Njoka, Head of Chaplaincy at Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, will share his reflections on hospital chaplaincy during Covid.
Also check out the new Beer and Theology Cambridge: https://www.grahamkings.org/article/beer-and-theology-cambridge/
Past Beer and Theology Events (London)
47. Rachel Noel. 21/05/2021. ‘Theology at the Borders of Psychosis: Transcendence of the artificial borders of sanity.’
46. Alan Gregory. 23/04/2021. ‘Does the Church need Futurology as well as Eschatology?’
45. David Clough. 19/03/2021. ‘Pandemics, deforestation and animal agriculture: How is animal agriculture connected with pandemic risks, biodiversity loss, and the climate crisis?’
44. Daphne Clifton. 19/02/2021. ‘Well-being, delegation and conflict: exploring the powerful mix of faith and work.’
43. Rosemarie Malllett. 15/01/2021. ‘“Mum, are we there yet?” Race, Gender and Class in the Mother Church – a testament to staying power and resilience.’
42. Corin Pilling. 13/11/2020. '"Jesus, Remember me, when you come into your kingdom." Exploring what dementia teaches us about personhood and the heart of God.'
41. Murray Macaulay. 16/10/20. 'We have no art, we do everything as well as we can’ (Sr Mary Corita).
40. Julie Gittoes. 25/9/20. ‘Great Realisations: the Church and Covid'.
39. Graham Kings. 17/7/20. ‘Nourishing Connections’, poems on women in the Bible.
38. James Mumford. 19/6/20. Vexed: Ethics Beyond Political Tribes.
37. Margaret Pritchard Houston. 22/5/20. Children, Childhood, God and Church.
36. Jay Colwill, 24/4/20. What are we learning about mission and the church during Covid 19?
35. Simon Hughes. 28/2/20. Politically and academically - is the UK a first class country any more?
34. Sarah Howard-Jones. 24/1/20. From Civil Service to Ordination.
33. Stephen Godsell. 22/11/19. Wittgenstein and Newspapers Today.
32. Peter Welby. 18/10/19. Engaging with Islam.
31. Maria Wyard. 13/9/19. The State of Public Service Today.
30. Jane Steen. 19/7/19. Dr Johnson: Lay Theologian.
29. Adrian and Tom Greenwood. 14/6/19. Civil Society Futures.
28. Margaret Cave. 10/5/19. Being an Evangelist in the Parish.
27. Mark Clavier. 29/3/19. Consumer Culture: Insights from Augustine.
26. Muthuraj Swamy. 22/2/19. Reconciliation.
25. Hannah Swithinbank. 11/1/19. International Development and Lifestyle Choices.
24. Dr Frank Curry. 23/11/18. Jesus, the Church and the Poor?
23. Jemma Gilbert. 27/10/18. Social Prescription.
22. David Atkinson. 7/9/18. Climate Change.
21. Simon Stocks. 29/6/18. Lament.
20. Rose Waite. 25/5/18. Women and Power in the Workplace.
19. Loretta Minghella. 20/4/18. Power and Vulnerability.
18. Buki Fatona. 2/3/18. The Mind
17. Elizabeth Adekunle. 19/1/18. Feminism.
16. Guido de Graaff. 1/12/17. Friendship.
15. Dan Warnke. 27/10/17/ A Disabled Church?
14. Julie Gittoes 08/09/17. Singleness.
13. Prof Joanildo Burity 14/07/17. Religion and Politics in Brazil.
12. Dr Rachael Burke 16/06/17. Personhood, Death and the NHS.
11. Richard Sudworth 05/05/17. Christian-Muslim Relations.
10. Simon Lewis 17/03/2017. A Christian's heart for Art.
9. Jamie Klair 17/02/17. London's Nigerian Pentecostal Proliferation.
8. Dr Muthuraj Swamy 06/01/17. Inter Faith Dialogue: Is it Worth It?
7. Lily Botras 02/12/16. What Happened to the Arab Spring?
6. Andy Walton 04/11/16. Strike A Happy Media.
5. John Moffat SJ 16/09/16. Eucharistic Economics.
4. Angus Ritchie 01/07/16. What is Sacramental Life?
3. Jos Downey 13/05/16. Science and Theology.
2. Rebecca Gormally 18/03/16. Crisis in Children’s Care & Education.
1. David Barclay 05/02/16/ How churches talk about money.