Friday 15 January 2021, 6.30pm – Rosemarie Mallet, Archdeacon of Croydon on ‘“Mum, are we there yet?” Race, Gender and Class in the Mother Church – a testament to staying power and resilience’
As well as being Archdeacon of Croydon, the Revd Canon Dr Rosemarie Mallett is an honorary canon of Southwark Cathedral and was the first Director of Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation for Southwark Diocese. She has worked as a senior medical sociologist and ethno-cultural mental health research scientist, and is now very engaged in church and community development both locally and nationally, dealing with issues of justice and equity for women and minority ethnic people in church and outside.
Friday 19 February 2021, 6.30pm – Daphne Clifton, ‘Well-being, delegation and conflict: exploring the powerful mix of faith and work’
Having spent 25 years as a senior leader in media sales and marketing, Daphne now runs her own Business Coaching practice and is a (C of E) self-supporting minister in south east London. With Daphne we will discuss the priorities that appear to be emerging for business and church leaders, specifically well-being, delegation and conflict. How can or does our faith inform our approach to these global challenges?
Friday 19 March 2021, 6.30pm – David Clough
(Topic to be confirmed soon)
Past Beer and Theology Events
42. Corin Pilling. 13/11/2020. '"Jesus, Remember me, when you come into your kingdom." Exploring what dementia teaches us about personhood and the heart of God.'
41. Murray Macaulay. 16/10/20. 'We have no art, we do everything as well as we can’ (Sr Mary Corita).
40. Julie Gittoes. 25/9/20. ‘Great Realisations: the Church and Covid'.
39. Graham Kings. 17/7/20. ‘Nourishing Connections’, poems on women in the Bible.
38. James Mumford. 19/6/20. Vexed: Ethics Beyond Political Tribes.
37. Margaret Pritchard Houston. 22/5/20. Children, Childhood, God and Church.
36. Jay Colwill, 24/4/20. What are we learning about mission and the church during Covid 19?
35. Simon Hughes. 28/2/20. Politically and academically - is the UK a first class country any more?
34. Sarah Howard-Jones. 24/1/20. From Civil Service to Ordination.
33. Stephen Godsell. 22/11/19. Wittgenstein and Newspapers Today.
32. Peter Welby. 18/10/19. Engaging with Islam.
31. Maria Wyard. 13/9/19. The State of Public Service Today.
30. Jane Steen. 19/7/19. Dr Johnson: Lay Theologian.
29. Adrian and Tom Greenwood. 14/6/19. Civil Society Futures.
28. Margaret Cave. 10/5/19. Being an Evangelist in the Parish.
27. Mark Clavier. 29/3/19. Consumer Culture: Insights from Augustine.
26. Muthuraj Swamy. 22/2/19. Reconciliation.
25. Hannah Swithinbank. 11/1/19. International Development and Lifestyle Choices.
24. Dr Frank Curry. 23/11/18. Jesus, the Church and the Poor?
23. Jemma Gilbert. 27/10/18. Social Prescription.
22. David Atkinson. 7/9/18. Climate Change.
21. Simon Stocks. 29/6/18. Lament.
20. Rose Waite. 25/5/18. Women and Power in the Workplace.
19. Loretta Minghella. 20/4/18. Power and Vulnerability.
18. Buki Fatona. 2/3/18. The Mind
17. Elizabeth Adekunle. 19/1/18. Feminism.
16. Guido de Graaff. 1/12/17. Friendship.
15. Dan Warnke. 27/10/17/ A Disabled Church?
14. Julie Gittoes 08/09/17. Singleness.
13. Prof Joanildo Burity 14/07/17. Religion and Politics in Brazil.
12. Dr Rachael Burke 16/06/17. Personhood, Death and the NHS.
11. Richard Sudworth 05/05/17. Christian-Muslim Relations.
10. Simon Lewis 17/03/2017. A Christian's heart for Art.
9. Jamie Klair 17/02/17. London's Nigerian Pentecostal Proliferation.
8. Dr Muthuraj Swamy 06/01/17. Inter Faith Dialogue: Is it Worth It?
7. Lily Botras 02/12/16. What Happened to the Arab Spring?
6. Andy Walton 04/11/16. Strike A Happy Media.
5. John Moffat SJ 16/09/16. Eucharistic Economics.
4. Angus Ritchie 01/07/16. What is Sacramental Life?
3. Jos Downey 13/05/16. Science and Theology.
2. Rebecca Gormally 18/03/16. Crisis in Children’s Care & Education.
1. David Barclay 05/02/16/ How churches talk about money.